View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 08:01

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Figured I better move this over here, since I post so late at nite

I think I wrote about my one male friend a few weeks ago, trying to figure out why he was not having success with this WOL. I guessed that he was eating too many carbs, plus he never bothered to read the books. He figured since he lived at home, and his parents were doing it, he would just follow suit. Well, after this weekend, I pretty much gave up on him.

I met some friends over the weekend, including him. While he did cut way back on the amount of carbs he ate previously to this WOE, he consistently ate too many carbs, and the wrong type, such as pita bread, yeast rolls, tortilla chips (ok I was guilty of that too!), and so on. His excuse was that he was not going to worry about what he ate over the weekend. I guess I was a bit baffled, as I have found this WOL very easy to do anywhere. This compared to my old WW diet, where usually when I did travel or go on vacation I would "cheat". I could not understand his need to cheat.

I guess he is simply still not ready to do what it takes to lose his extra weight. It is frustrating because he really needs to lose. Yet, I cannot hold his hand. Maybe one day!!

Robin