#2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 19:46
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi. Welcome aboard!

We generally don't support any plans that are both low carb *and* low fat or low calorie. We support non-starvation, adequate fat, adequate protein plans which are sustainable long term.

>>"I am looking for an easy plan that would still let me enjoy some carbs."

South Beach, The Zone, and CAD are examples of plans that incorporate higher carb levels than Atkins or Protein Power. You'll have to find the one that's right for you... but you have to be honest with yourself. You said you had a hard time sticking to them because you love carbs. Well, all of us loved carbs, that's what got us into trouble. Can you handle having a little bit of something that often makes you go overboard? Some of us can, some of us can't. The latter group prefers to avoid those "trigger foods" all together, rather than attempt (and fail) to moderate.

Personally, I prefer the philosophy of Atkins or Protein Power. The advantage is that you BREAK the addiction cycle, and *gradually* add the carbs back in until you figure out your personal limits. There's nothing wrong with the more moderate carb plans if you believe you can handle the higher levels without going overboard.

Check out our "Which Low Carb Plan Is Right For Me?" link, over to the right under "Quick Links." Feel free to ask any questions!

Keep us posted!