View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 17:04

Plan: Atkins, KISS
Stats: 235/200/183 Male 6' 1
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Good Advice

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I was wondering if I would get a response at all as loosing weight too fast is something that most people would die for right? :-)

black57, I'll look into the lite salt. I am in Australia so our product lines are different but I will check it out. I certainly know from the amount of salami and cheese I eat that my salt intake is already on the high side.

nowonder, orchidday & moonwalker, I realise that the rate of loss will slow but I am happy it has been rapid to my 50% goal.

sixpence, your observation that I am taking in 87.5 carbs was an eye opener. I actually went back to my calculations and the exact figures were 3,861 calories, 22P/75F/4C which puts the carbs at 46. This was just one day so I am sure it varies but yes, with that number of calories and the greens I eat I think my carbs is averaging around 50-60.

ladybelle, probably the only processed food I eat is salami, if you could call it that. Or do you class things like bacon, if it has nitrates, as processed? I have not eaten anything out of a packet since going on this diet.

I do have a plan to change my diet in two weeks. I am off on a water skiing weekend over Easter (In Australia we get both the Friday and the Monday as holidays). It's been a year since I have skied and every year I end up over doing it on the first day and feeling sore the rest of the month. So I think I will back off on some aerobic exercise for the preceeding month and start a gym workout to condition back and shoulder muscles. I read that lifting weights is difficult on low carb unless you carb up occasionally so I am thinking of some variation here, somewhat like the CKD. There is a concern, however, that this will derail me since I have been going well so far.

I am in no hurry, although I would be lying if I didn't pray every Wednesday morning before the weekly weigh in. I have to admit that I am not so obsessed with waiting for Wednesday to come around as I was in the first 6-8 weeks.

Bottom line is that clothes are now getting too big and I am looking forward to going out and buying 36" trousers for the first time in 5 years to see if I can get into them. 4 months ago I would dread going to buy trousers to find that a) Gap has not much stock in 40", and b) I would not be able to throw them in the dryer.

Life is a whole lot more fun when you loose weight, isn't it?

Congratulations on your weight loss to everyone who responded. 25-50 pounds must feel as great as it does for me. Moonwalker, 210 pounds is AMAZING. You are a machine. Did you ever run into someone you had not seen since you started? That is a blast, isn't it!