View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 13:14

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Whadda ya know? Dr Wurtman authored her own diet books.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Amazon.com
Serotonin Solution
by Susan Suffes (Author), Ph.D. Judith Wurtman (Author)

Based on Dr. Judith Wurtman's fifteen years of groundbreaking research at M.I.T., The Serotonin Solution is the first book to promote weight loss and eating control through serotonin, the neurotransmitter responsible for calmness and emotional well-being. Through Wurtman's patented Serotonin Seeker's Diet, we can boost the brain's natural appetite suppressant simply by eating carbohydrates in the right amounts in combination with other foods to put an end to stress-driven emotional overeating as we lose weight.

Along with her basic diet program, Wurtman provides the optimal diet plan to use with the new FDA-approved weight-loss drug Redux -- the first new diet drug in twenty-two years!

CARBOHYD CRAVER'S DIET
by Ph.D. Judith Wurtman (Author)

(no info)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So (*cough*) when and where was this study published?

First off, I would be very wary of a doc that would push ANY weight-loss drug, after the Phen Fen fiasco. And secondly......Redux has been removed from the US market. (Yes, I know, this is an English paper, but still, the FDA doesn't pull meds often, so when they do, it's usually pretty serious)

Most docs I know and have talked to are very wary of any new meds, given our history with failed diet drugs. In addition to Phen Fen (or whatever it is), there's also our little experience with speed.....so far, we're batting zero.

Personally, I was on Atkins for several months and had no trouble....I've never had a disgnosis of depression....until I started on Lipitor.....once I got on that!?!?!?!? Let the tears flow! My total cholesterol went down to below 150, and I started having sympoms.