View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 15:57

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Paris, speaking of OA, I read a book several years ago that helped me so much with overeating. It's called "Overcoming Overeating." It was well worth the read. It helped me overcome my craving for several trigger foods. I used to love Hostess Suzie Qs.

They tell you to first identifya trigger food (one at a time). Then go to the store and buy more than you could possibly eat in about 3 day's time. I went to the store and bought 3 12-serving boxes of Suzie Qs. Then they tell you to give yourself permission to have as many as you want as often as you want. If you want to eat 6 in one day, do it. If your supply starts running low, go buy more. The thing they try to get you to do is to break your "forbidden fruit" craving. If you give yourself permission to have as many as you like, as often as you like, and know that you can always have more, somehow the spell is broken.

I did it with Suzie Qs and I did it with Doritos, both in about 1997. Since that time I don't think I've had one Suzie Q, and I remember having Doritos once. It's not that you get sick (physically or mentally), it's that you finally give yourself permission. When it's not a no-no anymore, suddenly it has no more power over you.

Sounds crazy, but it worked on my two biggest binge foods.