View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 15:31
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

I wear a 10 or 11 myself! (shoe size that is!)

Completely off topic, but the more weight I lose, the easier it is to wear higher heels. Less weight being forced onto such a small area. I figure by the time I get to goal, I'll be able to run in heels!

My weight loss hasn't followed the 75%/25% model or the 90%/10% model either. I've been 56%fat/44%LBM so far.

If I do start to lose at either 75% fat or 90% fat, I don't have enough fat on me to get down to my goal weight. Then again, if I continue on my 56/44 ratio, I will have a BF% of almost 30% when I hit my goal. That's obviously too high.

After thinking about this alot, my preliminary conclusions are that all this theory about LBM and rates of weight loss are probably for weight loss in people that are overweight or mildly obese, not for truly obese or extremely obese as many of us in the TDC were when we started. I just don't think they've extrapolated this stuff to the really big numbers yet.

I'm too focused on the numbers right now. At this weight, I need to see the numbers go down each week to help maintain my enthusiasm and motivation to continue on this WOE. So, I'm going to continue to do what I'm doing. If I add exercise, I'm going to increase my cardio, not necessarily my weight training. If I do some weights, it will be light weights with higher reps.

When I get below 200 or even 180, I will have to re-evaluate, I will obviously need to start to do some more weight training, but for now, I'm accepting that I'm a scale junkie and "need" the numbers! Stupid as it may sound, I'm not willing to give up the numbers quite yet.

Valerie