Old Sat, Oct-06-01, 17:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/183/150
BF:
Progress: 25%
Exclamation Let me VENT! Hard day!!!

OH PLEASE let me vent to yall!!!
I'm trying so hard to stay on track and we had to go to hubby's family reunion today. He told me that he talked to his cousin who said that they were going to cook out on the grill. So I'm thinking to myself, no big deal, hamburgers, hot dogs or chicken...I'll be fine.
So we are saying our hellos and they announce that it's time to eat. We go over to this 20 ft table and I look down it...there was EVIL food ALL over it! I about died. We start at the beginning...macaroni and cheese, beans, sausage rolls, spaghetti and meatballs, etc etc. Everything you could imagine (except anything I could eat) was on this table. Towards the end I find BBQ chicken that I had to take the skin off of and that was it. They had fried chicken too, but I'm not strong enough yet to take the crunch off, so I just avoided it. I leave the table with my plate (I put my daughter's food on my plate to avoid funny looks from everyone). Just as I turn around--the dessert table!!!
Needless to say I made it through all of that. I felt a little more weakness when someone set a TRAY FULL of cookies on the table that we were eating on. Just then I heard a women near me say "Yeah, something must be wrong with my scale because the other day I was 210 and now I'm 215." As soon as she said that it all came back to me--why I am doing this.
Well, thanks for letting me vent! I feel better and I'm home safe now :-) I just kept telling my husband, I can do anything now!! All he did was rub his belly and tell me how full he was :-)
Sponsored Links