View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 07:31
Registered Member

Plan: Various
Stats: 196/172/154 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hi all. I mostly forget to check in with you, but I remembered this week.

Well, my workouts were good this week. I was having trouble keeping good form for my squats, and I was getting demoralised, so three weeks ago I put the weights down and I am working on doing all the reps at once with no breathers, to acheive better balance and symmetry. I did something similar on the seated leg curl too; I am working at restricted movement, slightly lower weights, and much slower movement.

This ties in with realising that my body is somewhat wonky; my right hip feels clicky in the squats unless I do everything perfectly, and my left knee troubles me generally. I also notice that I run and walk slightly lopsided. Hence why I am doing this slow intense slightly lighter loaded work on those areas, so that I can keep the joints perfectly stable, and I shall be investigating going to see someone about my posture.

Otherwise, quite a few weights have gone up this week, and I am enjoying the Matthews Method abs work, and my cardio (running) is doing much better. I don't do many 20MAS's any more, but when I do it's always at higher speeds than the previous time.

My version of the eating is LC, trying to eat five times a day and counting calories. Well, when I have a pre and post workout shake I get 5 meals in, but on the cardio days I only get four. Still, my calories are reasonably consistent (so long as I am careful with the wine, which I usually am) and seem to be low enough for me to be losing the body fat.

I'm not losing fast, but my excel-fun-time shows me that my averages are consistently dropping, and since I am pretty sure I am not losing LBM (I can even see shoulder muscles where there used to be none) I know I am going in the right direction.

Gez