View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 15:06

Plan: Atkins-modified
Stats: 230/203/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 42%

I try to avoid alcohol while on the diet. Though I've still experienced weight loss if I choose to imbibe, I've found that my results are better if I don't.

But sometimes, a drink is just what you want. So here are a few of the things that I've tried, and that I've liked:

Vodka & soda, muddled. Your better bartenders will know just what you are talking about. For the uninitiated; take a few wedges of lemon or lime, place them in a shaker filled with ice, and then use a pestle to crush the citris against the ice. Place a strainer on the shaker, and pour the iced citris juice in the drink. This is "muddling."

Wine spritzer. Basically, wine with club soda. The soda dilutes the total carbs that you take in, unless of course you drink too many spritzers.

Expensive tequila, straight. I usually ask for a shot of Patron tequila, a plate of lemon wedges, and a glass of club soda. The soda's for sipping, and the tequila and lemon wedges -- you'll know what to do with that. Especially is there is a salt shaker handy.

There's always alcohol and diet soda, but I've never cared for such drinks myself. The point is, there are low-carb choices! And, if you are like me, you might even find that you prefer them over the sugar-laden drinks that you may have enjoyed in the past.

-G.