View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 12:11
Southern Gentleman

Plan: CKD
Stats: 272/219/210 Male 70.5 inches
BF:30+/20-21/14-15
Progress: 85%

Right now I go to my health club and do different cardio machines for about an hour, although once or twice a week I fastwalk around my neighboorhood (4 miles). Used to just bundle up no matter how cold it was outside and walk, but gym is more comfortable while still getting my workout in. I am a housedad at present and have to be back home in time to wake my children up and get'em ready and bring'em to school, hence the early rise. I go back to club late morning Mon.,Wed. & Fri. to do my weight workout. This all started off last year when I was 273 lbs and had NO energy and just wanted to take a nap all day long. That's what made the difference, allthough I'm not sure if this is what you were asking. I started by stopping at a walking track on the way home from my children's school and walking ONE lap (about .8 miles). Everyday I walked, if the kids were out of school, I got up very early and walked before they woke up and my wife had to go to work..rain or shine!

Now at 222 lbs and more muscular (to say the least) I am a firm believer in JUST DO IT. Even if at the time you don't feel like it just get up and start and that ususally changes after you get going. Even if it don't it still gives you a good feeling, that were able to overcome the obstacles, and that builds your determination to stick with it!