View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 07:28

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi, Paris! Welcome aboard to you and your hubby! As others around here know, I'm always jealous when someone gets their husband to join also. Mine looks at a package of Girl Scout cookies as a single-serving container.

I'm always confused, though, when people say they can't start right away because they need to do a huge shopping spree. I can understand being a little low on veggies, but that's because I'm the only one around here (it's just me and hubby) who eats veggies so I can't buy much at a time.

As long as you have meat and veggies in the house, you're good to go. Stay away from the Frankenfoods, which you probably have been, seeing as how you were on the Zone and Sugar Busters(?).

Whenever I cook dinner, I cook enough for several meals. Like I said, there are two of us. Pork chops? I cook at least 8. Chicken breasts? 8. Porterhouse steaks? OK, well I only cook 2 because steak gets overcooked when you warm it up. Anyway, you get the idea. Make lots, and then have that for snacks and lunches.

One Frankenfood I won't give up is my protein shake, though I typically only have 2 or maybe 3 a week before work. I use Carb Solutions vanilla powder. It's the best tasting I've found, and it's the easiest to find (grocery store, Wal-Mart, etc.). Others on this thread use different powders.

So, welcome aboard, and don't hesitate to ask anything that's on your mind.