#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 21:35

Plan: Trying to decide whats best
Stats: 155/140/125 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Smile Question from Hamilton Ontario!

Hey Guys!

I am new on here, and new to the whole low-carb thing. I weight train 3 times a week, and do my cardio, but I knew that my diet would have to change in order to really see results.
I have been skeptical about diet plans, just because there are so many gimmics out there. I was hoping people could tell me more about low carb, and how the diet has helped them. I have read low-carb was just low-calorie in disguise. Is it really true you can eat anything you want (ie: bacon, etc) and not gain weight? I think the way society has shaped our learning, it is hard to shake old myths that fat does not make you fat.
I am trying to get on the low carb ball, but unfortunately I find myself running into dead ends as to where to find low carb food that is good and not going to break my bank. I noticed my local grocery store is now supplying Dempsters low carb bread...6 net carbs a slice. Not bad I'd say. But I wanted to find the Atkins shakes, etc. Does anyone live in the Hamilton area that could give me some advice?

Thanks everyone!

Mary
Sponsored Links