View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 14:21

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%

Make up some great salads or reheatables with fish - tuna, salmon, whatever your preference.

I love to have a salmon fillet/steak reheated for lunch. Sometimes I'll buy the packaged ones from Costco or M&M Meats, which are each individually vacuum sealed, so I can make it just for me (I'm the only one LCing in my household).

The M&M have a dill sauce - watch the other sauce - it has carbs. I just bring it in a microwaveable container, along with a salad or something, and I've got a great lunch - any day.

I've made tuna salad and had it for breakfast.

Under my desk is a can of smoked tuna, some smoked mussels and/or oysters, sardines, kippers, mackerel fillets - all canned and ready to eat if I ever forget my lunch, or just can't endure what I've brought, or have to work late - I want to never have the option of "picking up something at Tim Horton's" (the closest fast food place to where I work).

Now that I'm the only parent home, I have to make sure my children are well-fed, but that doesn't mean neglecting myself just because they want mac & cheese, or something I won't be eating.