View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 12:10

Plan: SB (formerly Atkins)
Stats: 196.5/167/140 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 52%

Kimberly, I know that you are struggling right now and that this regimen must seem very tempting. I really think, though, that it would help you to think this through. How long could you eat food like unsalted chicken breast and spinach with no added fat or seasonings? And then what would happen when you quit and went back to eating a different way?

I know you have low-carbed once before and gained the weight back. I assume you did that by returning to your previous eating habits. If you have tried several diets over the years, losing weight may prove difficult for you.

It seems to me that you really, really want your body to change, a sentiment that most of us here certainly understand; looking a little deeper might prove beneficial to you, though.

Why do you want to lose weight? Why is it important that you do so quickly? Is a fast but temporary weight loss worth the possible harm to your body? Is it worth the extra work you would have to put into it the next time around? Because unless you make permanent changes, there will be a next time. I apologize if this sounds a bit too new-agey, but you don’t have to love your body to love yourself. Loving yourself, though, should translate to respecting your body enough to give it healthy food and sufficient exercise.

I hope this doesn’t sound too preachy. It’s just that I’ve been reading your threads and am worried about you. Maybe you should start a journal here; it really helps to have a place to go, a place of your own.