View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 07:46

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

What supplements is everyone taking, why/what for? And what impact have they had on your weight loss?
---------------------
I take my one a day vitamin, plus Potassium, Chromium with a trace of Magnesium, Niacin, E, Calcium and CoQ10, L-Glutamine Powder, Carlson's Cod Liver Oil. This is all I can think of at 5.15 am this morning. I’m not sure what impact they have had on my weight loss. I know I didn’t take vitamins before, hated taking pills, but when I started on Jan 1, the PPLP said take vitamins and which ones so I started adding them to my daily routine. Taking them all now has become a habit for me. I’ve lost 40 lbs in 58 days.

My goals for March are I want to focus more on hiking and exercising. Toning up my body, building muscle and gaining an overall better feel in my body. In fact, I wouldn’t mind a 5+ lb gain as long as it is muscle. So I need to adjust my way of eating to accommodate the more calories needed to build muscle.

Question/Advice/Comments/Suggestions: If a person weighs 265 lbs as I do, what types of foods would you eat to be able to get the amount of calories that is needed plus stay within the 30 or less carb range? How do you keep carbs low and calories high? I understand that calories don’t necessary count but I also don’t want to put myself in starvation mode which I believe is where I’m currently at. I’m lucky if I eat 1200 calories a day. Some days are more but not by much. The average for Feb was 1368 a day. This has been an on going problem for me because to eat over 2000 calories a day and not go over in carbs is very hard. I count everything. I use Fitday to assist me with this and it isn’t always kind.

--------------

Thanks Orang for the help. I leave early <5 am> Sat morning and will be on a two day backpacking hike. Its cold and it is wet perfect weather to try out my new rain gear, trekking poles, backpack and tent. My plan is to hike 2 / 10 mile days carrying a 25lbs pack and then be picked up or rescued Sunday evening.