View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 22:10

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 220/153/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 79%
Smile

Oh thank you all so much! I feel a lot better than I did a couple of hours ago! I agree with everyone of you about eating healthier. I have never eaten more vegies in my 28 years than I have in the last 10 months. I have read so much about vitamins it has made my head spin. I just got so confused that I gave up on it. When I first started Atkins, I was afraid to eat because I didn't want to eat something wrong. That's kinda how I was with the vitamins. I didn't want to take the wrong ones, so I just didn't take any. I guess that's pretty bad of me. I don't know the deal with my then black tongue. It lasted for 5 days before it went away.The first thing they asked me was if I had taken Pepto Bismol, and I didn't. It was pretty scary, I must admit. Even if I just took the Basic #3 would that be enough? I think it was a pain today to take all of those pills. It was new to me today, but I think it could get old real quick! The worse part is that my husband went into the doctors room with me and now after hearing him "a doctor" say all of those negative things about the Atkins plan, he has turned against it as well. I made him watch that 20/20 special the other night about it, and I was smiling the whole way through it. Until they said that it was tested and safe for up to 6 months so far, which I have been on it for 10 months. I have even printed out things for him on the internet for him to read. Then he got on it and printed all the bad things about it. He has got my whole family and his against it. Which, I don't really care. The thing was he could have been the poster boy for Atkins in the beginning when I first started losing all that weight. BUT since that one goofball doctor said all those things about it, he is so against it. Which I just ignore him and everyone else who tries to reprimand me. I went to GNC last night, because it's the only place to get Keto name brand stuff around here, and I looooove most of their stuff...lol..I had to wait till he went to bed to sneak in the $56.00 worth of low carb food. I also bought that new Skippy peanut butter...and what a treat..it was soooo good. I just couldn't believe it! It really is kinda sad that I have to fake being on the Atkins plan, so I don't have to hear it from him. I ate peanut butter and jelly sandwich and he asked me what I was eating and I told him..and he said good girl....lol..because he knows I wouldn't eat that all natural peanut butter like Smuckers, because I thought it was gross. He also knows that I wouldn't touch the Smuckers jelly either because I also thought it was nasty. That keto grape jelly is the deal.....to me! I don't know what to do. I will have to keep that skippy peanut butter hidden until the new news from the doctor wear down in his mind. I also got Keto Krisp...which he thinks are regular Rice Krispies...lol. He thinks I'm waning myself off the Atkins..by eating regular foods again....ummm...which I'm on it full force with all of this new food out...! It's pretty bad, I know. Well..thanks so much for all the info. I just have no clue what I'm going to do about the vitamin ordeal. I hate to waste all of those pills, but I don't want to feel like I did earlier today either. I went to the bathroom and instead of picking up my water, I picked up a unused roll of toilet paper and walked all the way down the hallway and went to take a sip and then noticed I was holding a roll of tp instead of my water. Anyway..thanks again! I'm on a new vitamin mission, so my head will be spinning once again!