View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 21:25
Southern Gentleman

Plan: CKD
Stats: 272/219/210 Male 70.5 inches
BF:30+/20-21/14-15
Progress: 85%

I'm carbing-up tommorrow! Boy, is that a great thing to look forward to or what?! Anyway, one of my staples is cereal. I mostly eat Honey Grahams and I eat a box or two during my carb-up. I might eat a bowl or two with no-fat milk, but the rest I just munch on dry throughout the carb-up (watching TV,in the car, at the computer, whatever).

Anyway, I guess if you're on a CKD, you've done research on it.....high GI carbs beginning of carb-up transitioning to low GI the second half mostly.

I start quickly after my depletion workout with 50gms dextrose in my p/w shake with protein, then I usually head straight to buffet restaurant and hit the mashed potatoes, hot bread, rice and beans, stuff like that mostly high GI stuff but not all, and then I hit that desert bar! I try not to eat TOO much fat stuff there, but I must admit, I hit it!! It hasn't hurt me at all so far to indulge in a couple of higher fat carb. items that I just can't have any other time! I make it sound like really pigging out, but I really can't fit that much in my stomach after watching my calories during the week. I often walk out with my stomach feeling way too full after not eating that much. Anyway, I usually carb up untill I go to bed Sat. night and I mostly take it real easy on any higher fat stuff the rest of those days.

I often have pancakes Sat. mornings. Sweet potatoes, brown rice and beans, pasta ..... all good second half foods. I don't eat quite as much protein as during the week and keep it to lower fat (chicken, fish, cottage cheese, etc).

Not very hungry Sun. for some reason...hehehe....makes it pretty easy to keep calories down then and help to get back into ketosis quick.

Good luck with CKDing, and if you never been there, they have a pretty decent forum at www.~~~~~.forums

Won't let me put this url here for some reason, but if you PM me, I'll e-mail it to ya', its a forum totally devoted to CKD.