View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 20:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 334/240/190 Male 5ft 11in
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Weight Lifting routine?

Can anyone suggest a good general weight lifting routine and an approximation of how many sets/reps would be a good starting number? I am not asking anyone to prescribe me a routine I just need to know what a good starting point is. I used to lift and I developed my own system of which exercise I was doing and how many reps/sets I was doing and while I did a decent amount I never felt like I acomplished anything. I developed it out of sheer frustration at the fact that while there is a lot of weight lifting info on the net most of what I found is vague and doesnt help you even begin to come up with a place to start.

I see alot about low weight/high rep being good for tone and high weight/low rep being good for building muscle. Which is best for weight loss? I am assuming low weight/high rep?

I very much want to start weight lifting to speed my weight loss but I am one of those freaks that needs a base to build off when I start something like this and I just dont have the money to hire a trainer.
Sponsored Links