View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 20:10
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

While doing Atkins and keeping track I was having 100% or better of all my RDA values without vitamins. I ate enough veggies, adn the occasional fruits, to get there.

As for vitamins, paying for the Atkins brand can sometimes be expencive. Taking a good multi that is starch and sugar free is enough for many. Some people also take extra potassium and magnesium because all the water we drink can flush electrolytes. Calcium is also a commonly taken one.

If you have already bought all those vitamins, then no problem. It just comes down to can you take that many pills a day without getting sick of it fast? The high as a kite could be from the accell as it has caffine added.

You might also look into changing doctors if it is allowed. I know some insurances can make that a real pain. If you can't change doctors just have a serious talk with him. Bring in a list of all the veggies you eat and ask him how that is unhealthy. Also ask him if he has read the book, and if not if he wouldn't mind having an actual discussion about it with you. If he refuses that is a very bad sign. A doctor who doesn't listen to his patients misses alot of health related information until it's to late at times.