Thread: too much sodium
View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 11:40

Plan: South Beach-ish
Stats: 170/134/120 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 72%

Black- Yes, I too found "No-Salt", a salt alternative made with potassium. It has a lil different taste to it, but it sure beats no salt at all.
Dodger- Well, I'm still pretty restrictive on my carbs and I know definitly, without a doubt that even with the abundance of serving size I used I'm still under/at the 20 gram mark. So it makes it even more confusing! But dont worry, I poured that entire bottle out in the drain as I will just have to find a low-sodium version of the soy sauce, like you recommended, jennabrams, instead if I ever want to use soy sauce again and use ONE serving.

I also have been in ketosis non-stop for the entire four weeks I've been on Atkins. If this is the case, do you guys think its really impossible that I'm gaining ACTUAL weight and that its not just from the sodium I've been consuming? I mean I know we stall while in ketosis for different reasons, but is it possible to gain weight (not TOM or sodium related) while in ketosis?

P.S.- I know some of you might say it might be muscle gain if I work out, which I do. Yet I've been working out for quite sometime and I really dont notice much of a weight gain from the muscle...or if muscle weight gain does happen for me...it happens over a long period of time for me (as far as noticing it on the scale)