View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 00:37

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I have had many stressful days, in the past, where I soothed myself by reading the daily news. I know I am weird. But ending the day with a good study ( yes, I said study ) of the newspaper and a cup of coffee-kids in their room. It is funny when I think of those days. The ideal paper-read was when the weather was warm and sunny and I could sit ourside, under a tree with the paper and my coffee.

Reading is still soothing for me. My ideal reading session is on a day when I do not have to get dressed. I could easlily stay in my jammies all day, sometimes. I use Sunday as my "soothing day". I might go to the mall and sit, go to Barnes and Noble ( I am turning into my father ) while the kids walk around. What is so bad is I am such a slow reader. I always plan to read a specific book over the summer. Two years ago I read about the Hair of Beethoven. It is an interesting, earthly "trek " of a dead man. I know how Beethoven died and how Jews played an important role in preserving his DNA, without knowing it.

Oh, something else that soothes me are movies that most people find to be boring. I love to watch movies like Contact, Regarding Henry and others that I cannot name.

I will stop writing now before someone runs away from their computer screaming.