View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 17:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/112/105 Female 5.1
BF:unsure
Progress: 53%

Hi...I am very similar when it comes to this. I used to come home from work and think 'what a crazy day....I deserve some chocolate' or 'I deserve some pizza...it will make me feel less stressed!' So I can totally relate to what you are describing...when you write about soothing yourself. My life wasn't crazy stressful either, but I found that I needed to find comfort in something and food was my favorite choice. I have heard that a lot of people can fill this void with exercise...well, I exercise for 1 to 2 hours a day and it hasn't filled this for me. But don't get down...I have lots of good suggestions that I use now.

At night when I would typically want a snack or treat I do a couple of things that I didn't do before my lc life started...I make myself caffeine free herbal tea and then I get into a super hot relaxing bath...complete with bubbles. In the summer I make that an ice water with just a squeeze of lemon. Or I do my nails, toes, etc. I try to do something for myself that keeps me out of the kitchen...another thing I do is get on the forum. I am so distracted by all the great threads/ideas/recipes that I find it soothing to just read and read and before I know it my cravings are gone.

Good Luck! You'll probably find your own, better substitutes-- keep me posted. The urge to soothe yourself with food will pass...you just have to let it.
Jenn