View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-05-01, 15:53

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 173/150/135
BF:
Progress: 61%

I've been active all my adult life (I'm 48 years old) but in the past couple of years I've been busy jogging, swimming, and bicycling (don't worry, there's no danger of my becoming a triathlete or anything LOL!). But lately since the WTC attack in New York City I've not been wanting to exercise much aerobically, so I've turned to yoga as an alternate tool for fitness. Lately I've been doing 60-minute sessions at home, four or five days a week, and one or two 90-minute classes a week. I love it. I really sweat and I feel it does so much for me. This weekend, however, I'm going to push myself a little to do a 3-mile jogging workout up and down the hills where I live in Los Angeles. I also have an exercise bench and free weights at home, but I find weight training so dreadfully boring-- I have all but given up on it. When the weather turns inclement in winter I'll hitch my bike up to my indoor trainer and cycle while I watch TV. I feel that I have so many options for training, and I just let the spirit be my guide in deciding what to do during any given week. In the long run this attitude keeps me active and happy.
Sponsored Links