View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 10:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 221/215/140 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress:
Default Help! How to talk to doctors. No one is listening!

Hi People, I am wondering how to find out what is wrong with me. (Aside from all the normal stuff like talking to the TV and singing karaoke when I can't actually sing) I have been trying to talk to my doctor about WHY I feel so poorly over the past 6 to 7 years. I have put on over 70 lbs and I am a healthy eater (organic foods, no carb/low carb, vitamins, exercise etc...) He keeps trying to give me anti-depressents. I don't think I am just depressed. It's a symptom of something else. I mean, it IS depressing to feel so bad but...
I'm only 43. He has ordered a bunch of cholesterol, lipid,glucose TSH test and everything else under the sun. My TSH is .05. Is'nt that low?
He says it is'nt. Why do I feel so tired, foggy and irritable? I've had ovarian cysts in the past. I have a heart that pounds so hard sometimes that I can see my blouse moving in time. I have a hard time taking deep breathes. What is going on? I have a history of auto-immune disorders in my family. Mom has RA (really bad) Sis has lupus, Grandma is also sick and has been for years. I have fibrous tissue disease that manifested itself as a lump in my breast. He says not to worry. Great! Okay! That'll be easy. I have nodules in my thyroid and just had two syringes of unidentified liquid pulled out of it. But he says not to worry. How can I not worry? How can I get someone to check me for an undiagnosed auto-immune disorder?
He is sending me to an internal medicine doctor.
Now here's the question. What is an internal medicine doctor and what can I do to make him listen to me? My doc is a GP, and an overworked one, at that. If it's thyroiditis-and I am beginning to suspect it is-how can I get help if my doc can't figure this out and won't help? What can I say to the internal medicine doc? I live in a really small town and the nearest internal doc is 4 hours away and takes 2 months to see. Can someone, anyone!, help me get some questions together to ask? Please. I am desparate. Laura
Sponsored Links