#10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 22:27

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 74/76/67 Female 5ft 6.5 inches
BF:29/31/25
Progress: -29%
Default Fruit

Oh hey -

I know exactly how you feel. Don't worry - it's crappy having clothes that don't fit. Ok, but first, you really need to buy a new pair of jeans for the short-term.

Second, although I know you hate to hear this, you do know that losing is a long-term effort, and the short-term is pretty much out of our hands?

It sounds to me (and please, I am only just becoming aquainted with my own bod) like you need more balance in your diet. I know induction is supposed to be a little disconcerting, but it's main aim is to improve the diet of people used to eating a lot of crappy carbs and sugar. My guess is you have been eating very good food, albeit it being one way or the other (raw to high protein/fat). One thing I am sure is, at this point, if you haven't been eating lots of non-nutritious stuff is YOU MUST TRUST YOUR BODY.

Just go easy. I am eating a fair amount of protein/fat, with a good amount of fruit. I do not adhere now to what other people tell me. I really believe my body knows best. And I am not a mega-metabolic monster either. I burn stuff slowly.

You sound like you really want an answer to all this. My puny advice would be, eat some fruit. Don't go overboard, but do eat some. Away from other foods. When it has gone down eat some protein. Then see how you feel. And don't worry too much about it. You do realize that being not overweight now, you can actually do OWL and still lose? Induction is pretty harsh, and you probably don't have to go this far to get success.

I totally agree about berries. I prefer peaches, oranges, grapes, bananas (yes, there is no restriction here). The trick is to not overdo it and really listen to your body (no emotional eating - eat to live, not live to eat etc). This does not mean starving yourself either!

Don't be scared of good food!

Loopsx