View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 14:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Hi there!

Welcome to the forum and to low-carbing - it does work! I can certainly understand many of your perspectives. I was always slender as a teenager and started gaining weight in my mid-twenties. I know that I was uncomfortable with issues related to men and sexuality and all that attention as a teen was not comfortable. I belonged to OA when I was younger and it helped me enormously. I never lost weight, but I learned to live life to the fullest even with the weight. My career took off, my kids grew up, and I had fabulous clothes even though I was larger.

At 47, this is much harder and I find it harder to lose as well. The health issues start to come up that are related to weight whereas when we are younger we rather get away with it and think we always will.

I hope you will start a journal and keep track of your trip through low-carbing. It is an enormous help to me.

Wow 7 kids! I am the eldest of 7 and I do not know how my parents lived through us growing up. There was one year when we were all teenagers. I watched my parents turn gray overnight.

Orchid