View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 11:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/161.2/146 Female 5ft 6in
BF:yep, sure have !!
Progress: 82%
Default Help !!!! Just got my Cholesterol tests back and its gone up ! - Dont know what to Do

Hi

Been following the Atkins WOL for 6 months now and the results have been amazing. However, because Heart problems run in my dads side of the family - he also died suddenly 18mths ago at aged 55 due to heart attack, Ive been aware that I need to keep a close eye on my Cholesterol. I was tested in april of last year when my HDl level was 4.9 which is within normal levels. However was tested again last week, weighing 65lbs lighter ( and feeling fab!!) but my levels have increased to 6.7 which is classed as high. The nurse has recommended I come off of Atkins straight away and move over to a low fat diet. But I dont really want to. im scared if I stop this WOl the weight is gonna just pile back on. I really dont know what to do, but i know I have to think of my long term health.

Can I do anything different that will help lower my levels but allow me to stay on the Atkins WOl. I still need to lose another 18lbs so would I be putting myself at risk by keeping to what Im currently doing until I lose that weight and then start to cut down on the levels of fat im eating??

Sorry if im waffling, but its really thrown me and im confused as to what to do for the best !!!

Lisa x
Sponsored Links