View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 21:17
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

If you love chinese, there is always homade. For going out, check if there is a mongolian grill in your area. Soemtimes regular chinese buffets may have these added. Basically you choose your own fillings from a buffet style line of meats, veggies, and noodles. Then you choose your own sauces. Some are high carb, but others are simple oils with spice. Then right in front of you they stir fry it up on a gient metal surface. It's a great way to make sure you know for the most part what is going into your meal, and has a great asian taste. Plus you really do get a ton of food cheap, at least the places I've been too.

Authentic chinese is also very different. I had to laugh when I heard an Australian friend talking about chat chinese food there was. They really do change to meet local tastes. Authentic asian foods have a huge bowl of veggies, some meat if your lucky, and starches are for the poor. Some resteraunts if you order a chinese serving of veggies, it is 5 times what am american serving would be. I think the high sugar sauces are also mostly for western tastes. Asian coooking focuses highly on balancing tastes. It has small portions artistically aranged with some sour, sweet, and spicy flavores mixed. Much more gormet, and probably all around healthier then what we shovel up