View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 16:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/224/175 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 66%

We already see so much of this sort of thing. Someone hears about someone who is doing Atkins correctly who has lost a lot of weight and they think "oh boy, I'll just eat all the meat and cheese I can hold and drink Diet-Coke and I'll lose allkinds of weight too". They don't read the book, they have no clue about how important drinking their water is, and they don't eat vegetables.

Then they come on here and just can't understand why they aren't losing weight, because they are "on the Atkins". So they quit, and proceed to tell everyone how bad Atkins is, and how they gained weight while "following it to a T".

And it's because everyone wants a quick fix. They don't stop to think that they didn't GAIN the weight overnight--but they dang well think they should LOSE it overnight! "Why, I'll have a low-carb bar for breakfast, a shake for lunch and a steak and bacon for dinner and I'll lose tons of weight"! Yea, right!

It just makes me sad, because following Atkins is such a good way of life, if done correctly.

Sorry for the rant

~Debbie~LoveSong~