View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 13:03
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I don't think it's a matter of people recently becoming preoccupied by them, it's mroe a matter of they have recently become more widly available and pushed more.

For soem people the only exposure to low carb they have is maybe seeing a media story. Then they go to the store and see the low carb food items. They buy them thinking that is the way to get started. Some may get the book and read it, and many will do a search online for more information finding us before finding the book. Then there is a small percentage that will just give up without doing further research.

For the ones that make it here, they are often advised to give up the LC treats, or offered better homade alternatives for them.

For me, when I first started there wasn't much at all available locally (this was just a year ago). I did spend a ton of money through the local health food store and online shopping to stock up on LC products. Almost all were later thrown in trash. Some tasted so foul I didn't want to be near them, and others such as teh KETO potatoes, I found much healthier substatutes for, like the cauliflowerd potatoes. I still have some LC products around that I consider worth it, but they get used in moderation. My pocketbook and my scale both look better without the added foods