View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 08:17

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%
Default Does this bother anyone else besides me?

It seems to me more and more lately that there are large numbers of people who seem fixated on low carb treats. In this forum and especially in the low carb products forum there are many threads about candies, heart cakes, sugar alcohols, breads, etc.

I thought that the point of the Atkins way of eating was to go back to the healthy eating patterns of our ancestors, not to see how many tasty kinds of low carb candy there is out there!

I have always had a sweet tooth and eating too much candy and ice cream is the reason I gained weight to begin with. I am following this WOE (for over a year and a half now) to break those bad eating habits and replace them with good ones, NOT to replace bad eating habits with low carb bad eating habits.

In my personal eating habits I limit low carb treats to special occasions -- birthdays and holidays -- like the regular candies and ice cream were when I was a kid. But it really bothers me to see so many people who are so fixated on low carb substututes for foods that should only be an OCCASIONAL treat.

Am I the only one out here that is bothered by seeing so many other low carbers so focused on treats?

Joan
Sponsored Links