#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 00:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 313/300/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Thumbs up Chocolate bars

This is a simple, really yummy recipe. If you like semi-sweet or dark chocolate, you need to try this I made a large batch, but you can cut it in half or fourths if you'd like.

16 oz coconut oil (expeller pressed)
8 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons pure stevia extract powder (start with 1 3/4 teaspoon)
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
8 tablespoons slivered almonds

Melt coconut oil on very low heat - you want to it to melt, not cook. Stir in remaining ingredients. Taste for sweetness, and add tiny amounts of stevia until it's right. Pour into a container and chill in fridge. When hardened, cut into 16 pieces - 1 net carb each.

A Rubbermaid Serving Saver container or something similar is perfect, as the chocolate won't stick to it and will pop out easily, and you can store it in the same container. I used a small 6" x 6" square container and got very thick chocolate - use a larger container or lipped baking sheet for a thinner "candy bar" size.

If using a small pan, hold out 2 tablespoons of the almonds. When it starts to set, sprinkle the remaining almonds on top (the other almonds will all sink to the bottom and this evens it out a bit).

I have only made this once, but I think these variations would also work well:
- use 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract or 1 teaspoon cinnamon instead of the almond extract
- use other nuts such as pecan, walnut, brazil, or macadamia
- use virgin coconut oil instead of expeller pressed (it's coconut-ier), omit extract, and use dried coconut instead of some or all of the nuts

Sue
Sponsored Links