View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 21:38
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 310/245.5/150 Female 62.5
BF:
Progress: 40%

There are seven ladies in "our group" as we call ourselves. All throughout the year we get together and celebrate for each of our birthdays. I was sweating the first birthday party for Paula who is a January baby. I was just out of induction when I was faced with the cake dilemma. I knew I wasn't going to eat cake, but I didn't want it to be obvioius as I didn't want to be put on the spot about not eating cake. I've not shared my changes in eating with anyone other than my dear husband and dear sister simply because I don't want anyone to hear anyone's opinion of the low carb lifestyle or anyone's expectations. So I baked up a bunch of low carb mini cheesecakes, (they looked so lovely lightly dusted with unsweetened cocoa powder) and brought them along. I didn't tell anyone they were low carb and after the candles were blown out I settled in with my cheesecake. I was very surpised to see that a couple of the ladies opted for the cheesecake rather than the birthday cake. I was ever so pleased, I wasn't the odd man out and my treat was just a lovely as it could have been. My weight loss that week was far more enjoyable than any old peice of cake!