View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 20:28
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Squid! Sorry you have to have surgery and I can see why you are stressed.

I don't really see anything wrong with what you are doing. I'll try to think of all the stuff that helped me at times when my body was resting.

I think total calories af 1400-1800 seems okay. I still want to know the breakdown. I found that I lost better when my fat was 70% and above of total calories. I lose better when I take flax oil, olive oil, coconut oil.

I also think you should try to get your lean body mass in protein (for example if your lean mass is 100lbs you only need 100g of protein)use this site to calculate it: MyBodyComp

I tried to calculate your carbs and I don't think you are getting 20g a day. Please correct me if I am wrong. Does that mean you are still on Induction levels (20g) or did you move up and when you stalled than you moved back down? How about increasing them? Many people have said that they lost better when they increased their carbs.

Have you tried Chromium GTF? It's supposed to regulate your blood sugar.

Do you eat any dairy or nuts at all. I sometimes have a problem with dairy and nuts and have to cut them out for a little. I did take a yeast fighter a couple of times. Maybe you should try one (the one I used was HMF Replete).

I also read a thread in the CAD forum posted by Zuleikaa that talked about some people stalling in the Winter months and that when Spring came their weight loss resumed.

What do you do for cardio. Maybe try to vary the cardio that you do. Have high intensity days-shorter cardio followed by lower intensity longer cardio until you are healed enough to incorporate weights.

Maybe some of those suggestions might help. I hope so. If I think of anything else I will post it.

red