Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 17:54

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil elder
Hello Team,

Thanks for the advice. I am going to the grocery store to get more salads. I know I need more...

I saw at the store a package of stir fry vegetables, about a pound. It had yellow squash, red peppers, cucumbers, snow peas, and brocoli. Would this be okay to eat...all of it?
It looked great.

I used to drink 4 cans of coke a day and lots of peanut butter nad breads. I no longer miss the cokes. I do miss the peanut butter.

I would like to add that, when you eat salads avoid the iceburg lettuce. It is nutritionless, Use romaine or any other lettuce. The stir fried veggies sound good but check the package. There might be starch or sugar added. Since I have been low carbing, all of my veggies ( and I buy a large variety of them )
have been from the produce aisle. Since I cut down on fruit, I increased my vegetables. On induction, I ate fresh asparagus with my scrambled eggs and cheese for breakfast. I added red, yellow and orange bell peppers in my salads and cooking for added vitamin C. I introduced cooked greens to my family ( mustard, collard, turnips, chard etc ), thereby connecting my family to my roots. These greens are a part of Southern cooking that I grew up on. I eat squash, cauliflower and brocolli. Brussel sprouts are gross but that doesn't mean that I won't add them from time to time. We also eat turnip roots and daikon radishes.

American cheese has more carbs than the regular, unprocessed cheeses like colby or Swiss. There is peanut butter that is unsweetened.