Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 11:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkpam
My humble opinion is CERTAINLY. Forgive me if I've said this before, but I used to weigh around 150, worked out everyday, and ate low fat/high carb. I was a size 12.

Now I eat low carb, am active but not an exerciser, weigh around 150, and my size 10's are BAGGY.

Few days ago, I was standing at the cashier of Safeway store, when a lady asked me how the lo-carb ice cream I was buying tastes. She said that she and her husband are also on Atkins diet. This surprised me because she looked very skinny. Her shoulder to shoulder measurment seemed to be not more than a foot! When I told her that she looks too skinny, she said she was overweight when she started. This reminded me with what I wrote here.

I think, the official "perfect weight" chart which is listed in many diet books including Atkins, is not exactly what we should use to know our right weight. Low carb dieting makes our bodies more dense so the chart needs to be adjusted alittle to fit the low carb lifestyle.

I believe the adjustment should be:

For men: Add 10-12 lbs to all numbers on the chart.
For ladies: Add 7-9 lbs to the numbers.

So, since Dr. Atkins' weight was 195 lbs, he was just at the upper limit of the acceptable weight range for a 6ft man.