View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 11:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 146/123/123 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

just my two cents, i read in the newspaper the other day that the low carb revolution will create about 30 million dollars this year they figure. well all those stores and brands want to be in on that money. i still watch everything i buy and eat by reading labels carefully. those low carb stickers sometimes arent the truth. my mom also does low carb as well as my sister, and my mom has said to me we need to get back to the way we ate on the ranch when i was growing up. we never had pop, any treats were homemade not bought, and everything she made was from scratch. so i have really tried hard to not eat out of a box as my husband calls it, because he grew up eating tv dinners and food out of a box. he loves this new way of life, he thinks he eats better than ever and so do our kids. i dont deprive them of anything, i still make fries, and potatoes for them, i just dont eat it, but i try to make as much on my own as possible. i think this helps because im not just buying it because i think wow low carb.

so i agree it is always buyer beware.