Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 11:05
Carb Nazi

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/255/160 Male 6'0
BF:YES!
Progress: 5%
Angry Officially Stalled! Help!

O.K., I am officially stalled.
I have been on Atkins for Seven Months, starting in July 03 at 239 lbs. I was at 201 before Christmas (total loss 0f 38), took 2 weeks off during the holidays and went back to 207. After 2 weeks back on induction in January, I was down to 198 (total loss of 41 pounds) by the 17th of January. Problem is that I have been at 198 for over one month!
Even though I list my goal at 170, my ideal wt would be 180 but I wanted to have some room to manuever. So, I know that being within 18 pounds of my ideal weight the pounds aren't going to fall off like they used to. I would be happy with 1 or 2 pounds a month but this is driving me crazy!
I am staying between 25 and 35 carbs a day, staying in slight ketosis. Moderate exercise but not as much as I will be doing when the weather gets warmer. I have no problem staying on the WOE and it has become a natural part of life, but I really wanted to be down to my ideal weight at least by summer.
I would like to hear from those that have been on the Atkins diet for over 6 months and have had an official stall (no loss of weight or inches in 4 weeks) but had success in breaking the stall and continuing the weight loss.
Should I go back on induction? Should I have some cheat days? Should I go to low-fat for two weeks then back to induction?
I have never had this type of success before trying to lose weight and I am SO CLOSE and determined to finish this and then maintain for the rest of my life. I feel so much better, I am so much more confident, I look so much better... but I need to finish the job. Please help! MAD
Sponsored Links