View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-04, 06:51
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

I admire all you folks for being so brave! I think I am still of the "I want to blend into the woodwork so no one notices me and thinks about how fat I am" mindset and therefore I don't want to do anything the least big noticeable with my hair. I did change my hair cut slightly last fall -- going from the basically boring shoulder-length cut that I had for 20 years to a somewhat more layered cut that gives it body. The change was so subtle that to the best of my knowledge, exactly one person noticed -- a 20-something in my office who came up to me and told me how much she liked my new haircut. I've been coloring my hair for the past three or four years -- ever since I started getting grey roots -- but I had the hairstylist match it as closely as possible to my natural color (which is basically dirty blonde, but I have always liked the color of my hair and considered it one of my best features). I was inclined to go grey, but my husband wanted me to cover the roots and since (at the time) he was putting up with me weighing over 350 pounds, I thought that was the least I could do for him.

Since my face has thinned out, I have been thinking about going short instead of shoulder length. Maybe it is time to take the radical plunge!