View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 11:06
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Each time you give into those cravings it will get worse. The best thing is to try and do a clean induction. Have tons of veggies, meats, eggs, and fats, but nothing sweet. It will be murder, but if you cna hang in there the 2 weeks the cravings will go away.

You can also try L-Glutamine. You can get it in powder form from some health food stores or exercise suppliment stores. It is suposed to really help with the sweet cravings.

Get rid of the junk food in your house, do a full clean out. If the rest of the family isn't LC, promise them they can reget some of the junk food after your cravings are gone. Stock up on LC snacks, so you have something to grab easily. You may find the rest of the family grabbing them as well instead of bothering to cook something high carb, which is good for thier health too. Have boiled eggs, string cheese, and other LC things on hand. Also make up a plate of cooked snacks to keep in the fridge. Have deviled eggs, bacon wrapped scallops. Cream cheese filled celery and other finger foods. What would help me on days I was extreamly hungry was to have broccoli and cauliflower mix with cheese. The protien, fiber, and fat mix was just what I needed to feel full when nothing else worked.