#14   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 09:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300+/???/175 Female 68 inch
BF:more/than/enough
Progress: 7%
Smile

thanks for the quote about about typewriters and the media...so right on.

I have yet to hear a story on Atkin's and LC'ing that is correct. I am sure most, if not all, the reporters and commentators have never even read any of Dr. Atkin's books or they would stop with the same ol same ol...all that meat, bacon, and cheese just can't be good for you can it???? asked of someone who is equally as ignorant of the balance in this way of eating....sigh.

Now all we LC'ers are being duped by the beef industry and the LC products people to eat in a way that will kill us sooner rather than later....yet another bigger sigh. As if being overweight isn't problematic enough.

Of course then you have the grand idea that if you follow this way of eating and then go off of it you gain back all the weight you lost...excuse me but the same can be said for going off WW, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, or any other diet that I've ever followed and lost weight on...stop counting those points or buying those pre packaged meals and zoom my fat cells just have a major party

At least Mrs Atkin's had the courage to voice her outrage at private medical documents being given over to a vegetarian lobby group with an agenda that is not hidden...and the Dr. who gave them over is being reviewed by the medical board for breach of ethics. Yet the media has not really proclaimed any of this except very softly and in the way back pages...

off my soap box now but as an RN I was absolutely astounded at the way the media did a quantum leap that Dr A was obese at time of death and that was a contributing cause, because of his weight at autopsey....geeze anyone who has ever taken more than ASA knows lots of meds will help retain fluid like a sponge and believe me with someone in his condition they were using lots and lots of meds...I used to work in ER and ICU's...

ok ok I'm really done....thanks for the opportunity to vent

debra