#7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 22:22
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Hi Kat,

I've was through all sorts of hypo for years. Unrelated to the hypo, I developed thyroid cancer so had my thyroid removed. Now, I am REALLY hypo without my meds.

I do recall that when I was hypo, I had a number of different doses of meds. It generally increased and did not completely stabilize for a number of years. My sister had the same situation -- she was hyper, took radioactive iodine and was stable with no meds for a number of years. All of a sudden, she became hypo and has had her meds adjusted a number of times.

At the moment, I am kept in an unnatural semi-hyper state due to the cancer. It does make a difference on the weight loss -- I think it's tough to lose if you are hypo. I could always tell when I was hypo -- I would just feel dull, a bit tired and as though I lost my "edge".

I see you have been on induction for a long period of time... I would talk that over with your doctor. It seems unreasonable that you would not be losing after that long stretch.

Also, have you tracked your food and activities on www.fitday.com. I know a lot of us have trouble losing even on induction unless we watch the calories to some degree and keep them below our daily usage. One little phrase in the Atkins book caught me -- about extra protein ingested turning to fat. Until I started tracking, I was losing quite slowly and the extra protein was the culprit, I believe.

I'm rooting for you!! Hope you get it all back in order soon.