View Single Post
  #205   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 17:57
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins (restart 1/5/04)
Stats: 198/185/145 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Monika - Chicken and Forum time, eh? Sounds like a good prescription to me!

Ellen - It's a pain when you've gotten into the swing of things and then something happens to stop that swing mid-air. How about picking up a couple of light free weights that you can use at home (or even in the office) until your leg is back in action? After all, if your office mates give you a hard time about the water, a little weight lifting in the office will give them something different to talk about!

Duster - Weather, hormones, short days ... who knows? With all of them, "this, too, shall pass." Sounds like you need to pamper yourself a bit. Maybe the "Chicken and Forum Time" prescription that Monika is using?

Wynter - It is my expert opinion that if you have to give up something because of time constraints, that you should give up work. You can tell your boss that I said so!

Jessie - Definitely try to avoid the exercise-by-pain killer method. That's a quick way to make the injury worse. I've always been told by various doctors to take anti-inflammatories (ibuprofen or aspirin) and to use ice in the first 4 hours after the injury (to reduce swelling) and heat after the first 4 hours (to facilitate healing). Wow, the forum is FULL of prescriptions today!

For me, I've been doing well this week. I'm on schedule with the 3 40-minute workouts for the Y, and I've been doing them in the morning (hmmm, I just realized that 'Y' must stand for YAWN! he he he). I'm hoping it gets easier as I get more used to it. I've also been taking the dog for more walks which both of us have been enjoying (him especially!)

Keep up the good work, everyone ... even those who are working hard at recovering from assorted ills!