View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 16:09

Plan: I just look at all nuitritional labels of everything I eat to reduce carbs
Stats: 153/150/130 Female 5'8"
BF:36%
Progress:
Default Hi, Karen. I'm new. I had some questions and some info

I just discovered your site after surfing the net. I've heard of the low-carb diet before and didn't really take it seriously. I figured ANYBODY who overloads calories and has an inactive life-style will gain, whereas ANYBODY who stays active and reduces calories can LOSE weight.

However, in my unsuccessful attempt to lose weight, I examined my calorie intake. I noticed it's not that much for my size. I don't take in that much fat. I'm unable to DRIVE for 18 months, and have been FORCED to walk and ride a bicycle since I do NOT ask for rides nor take cabs unless it's absolutely necessary. So, one would only think I'd lose weight. But I can't. I DID, however, notice that my kitchen is STOCK-PILED with RICE and PASTA with MEGA-CARBS. I've also come to the conclusion that I am very much a CARB ADDICT. WHen I STUFF MYSELF and have food cravings, there seems to be NO LIMIT to the carbs I can shove down. I DON'T think it's calories. I DON"t think it's FAT. I DON'T think it's INACTIVITY. BUT an EXCELLENT explanation COULD BE CARBS!!!

I notice somebody saying that with the low-carb diet somebody must eat MORE FAT. That sounds odd. What I would assume is that fat is NOT GOOD for anybody and nobody should FORCE themselves to eat more fat than their body can take. BUT with LOW CARBS, maybe you don't HAVE to WORRY about fats.

ALso, in my situation, I THOUGHT I did the right thing, STOCK-PILING my kitchen full of food for 18 months. BUT, unfortunately, from doing so, I've discovered that I've gotten a "carb factory" going on here. I don't want to waste food and can't afford to replace what I have. BUT, I wondered what YOUR ADVICE would be with RICE when I have it piling up in my kitchen. I had NO IDEA that RICE was SO INCREDIBLY HIGH in CARBS until I read the LABEL. I knew that BREAD and PASTA had high carbs. But I have TONS of RICE and PASTA NOODLES to use up. I'll never get any more rice again. BUT, in the meantime, what do you suggest?

What I wondered is WHAT IS the DAILY CARB COUNT someone should have in order to lose weight? ALSO, if RICE has, say 40-some carbs, can I expect to NEVER LOSE my fat belly UNTIL I STOP eating rice....even though I only have ONE SERVING of it a day...in order to GET RID of it....when everything else I eat for the day is about 10 carbs?

I just wondered about that. I hear so much about carbs. But I never hear what the "acceptable daily numbers" are.

Can you help me?
Sponsored Links