#8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 11:39
"Princess" of Norway

Plan: Atkins / Lindberg
Stats: 187/169/143 Female 162 cm
BF:Yes
Progress: 41%
Talking

Here's the link to the page at www.atkins.com homepage where they recommend 10-12 times your present body weight in calories CLICK HERE

"Research has shown that on a controlled carbohydrate program, more calories are burned than on a low-fat, high-carbohydrate diet, so there is a certain metabolic advantage to the controlled carb approach. But understand that this does not give you a license to gorge.

If you are used to counting calories and are more comfortable with such an approach, the general rule of thumb is to multiply your present weight by 10 to 12 to get the daily caloric range at which you would lose weight. For example a 150-pound woman who consumes 1,500 to 1,800 calories daily should continue to lose weight."

For me this fits in with the great info at www.mybodycomp.com, where I've filled in my measurements (once a week). The programme calculates my resting metabolic rate (based on measure, weight, age and gender) to be 1317 calories a day. That's if I'm doing NOTHING. With moderate activity level I'm burning 2041 calories. I should consume more than 1317 but not more than 2041. To lose I do the math - My weight is 153 lbs - 10-12 times my body weight is 1530 - 1836 calories. That sound right - right ??

If you need evidence - open an account with www.mybodycomp.com (it's free) take your measurements, fill in the form - and *pdiinnnng* you know how much you can have !! Great tool !

Good luck !!