View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 10:29

Plan: My Own
Stats: 191/166/155 Female 5'4"
BF:32%/25%/25%
Progress: 69%

I will offer a couple of suggestions. One is regarding Splenda; the other nuts.

Nuts are delicious and healthy but do have carbs. Stick with the summer sausage or another meat snack if you want to stay under 20 carbs per day.

Splenda packets have 1 carb each. Go for a zero carb sweetener. Some like Stevia although I have no experience with it. The other way is Splenda with fewer carbs. I found tablets from a drugstore in Australia. I ordered quite a lot so the shipping per bottle wasn't too bad. Also there are a couple of products make with splenda that are zero carb liquids. One is from locarber.com (there is also a website in Australia that offers the same product). It is not cheap as an 8 ounce bottle is about $18.00 USD plus shipping. I bought 5 bottles and the shipping was not bad. Another is FiberFit (do a search on the web). Nettrition is having a sale at $6.00 for 4 ounces.

I realize you are not in the US and these may not be options for you. There is also a new sugar alcohol out now that is very low in carbs and is reported to have fewer side effects. I don't remember the name just now but if you are interested, post again and I will look it up. The small amount you would use to sweeten coffee or tea probably wouldn't be a problem for you as you mentioned you do eat SF bars and they are nearly all sweetened with sugar alcohols.