Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 22:04
Out of service...

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/205.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb99
Has anybody else noticed that some people can be nazi's over other people's diets?? I think feeling sabotaged can be bad, but feeling controlled can be worse!

I knew exactly what you mean... I've been diabetic for the last seven years and it's happened so many times. Once a coworker was circulating with a box of doughnuts, came around to my desk and offered me one. As I was reaching into the box she pulled it away, gasped and said very loudly "YOU can't eat that!". Oh really? WATCH ME.

I love this thread... I've seen some talking about negative SO's, and it just makes me want to cry. My hubby has never complained once about my slow and steady weight gain over the years. He worries about my health because of my diabetes. When I mentioned to him that I thought I might try doing Atkins, not really planning for him to do it, his immediate reaction was "I'll do it with you" and that has made it easier. He's not heavy at all, but he's enjoying the other benefits, he's got alot more energy. He's just the most wonderful and supportive husband, he would never do anything to sabotage me. Of course, he was the most wonderful and supportive before I started this wol...

Jenn