#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 15:21

Plan: South Beach-ish
Stats: 170/134/120 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default too many veggies?

Hey everyone,
After you guys getting after me for not eating any veggies in my daily induction menu, I ran to the grocery store, bought some green leaf lettuce, spinach, and cabbage. Though now I feel as if I'm eating TOO many vegtables a day and this might stall me. Has this happened to any of you guys while on induction? I read the Atkins "Induction part" on the website and he says no more than a cup of the spinach/cabbage a day. The nutrition info on the frozen spinach packages I bought says 3 grams per 1/3 cup of spinach and 2 grams comes from dietary fiber. I've eaten the entire package (which really isnt that much when you cook it up with butter!), which is basically a cup and a little more. I also eat those Big leaves of green lettuce around a hamburger patty. I probably eat maybe 4 BIG leaves of the green lettuce a day! (It really does seem like a lot of lettuce, I really dont know how much 1 serving of this stuff would be!) I've cut back on cheese and try eat more high fat foods, frying chicken in butter, for instance, instead of the cheese. I feel like I'm doing something wrong. First, do you think I'm eating too many veggies and could this possibly stall me? Second, I feel like I'm always cooking stuff in butter. I go through butter so fast! Do you think I need to cut down on my fat? I feel like I'm eating too much fat! Dont feel right about all this! =(
Love,
Brittany
Sponsored Links