Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 13:40

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfritz_pa
Dear Frodo,

What the heck are you so depressed about... Take a look at some of these other Threads.. There are people starting them with real problems......

You want to get un-depressed real fast.... Put all your energy into giving a word of encouragement to another person whose shoes hurt more than yours!!

I don't want to sound harsh and diminish your pain. I'm sure you do feel the way you say!! But ..

Pain is when a family member dies.
Pain is when you're homeless
Pain is when you learn someone has a terminal illness.

Look yourself in the Mirror.. Instead of seeing a fat ugly person she the beautiful person god created!!!

Bob

Don't wanna hijack this thread and all but how can you say things like that? This is the depression forum and if you don't understand depression then you shouldn't be here. How do you know what Frodo has been through? Maybe she has been homeless, maybe she has suffered incredible pain. You don't know so who are you to judge? Also, do you really think what you say will actually help? If it was that easy she would have said all that to herself a long time ago. Surely it's enough that she is in such pain, she doesn't need to have the appropriate "reason" to gain your sympathy surely. I am very saddened to see such a repsonse.

Froddo

I am sorry for your pain. I understand how you feel. I am going through a very bad time myself. I think therapy of some form would be of enormous help to you. Post here anytime you want or feel free to pm me.

Look after yourself and believe me when I tell you there ARE people that love you. There are. Just reach out and you will find some of that love.