View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 08:27
"Princess" of Norway

Plan: Atkins / Lindberg
Stats: 187/169/143 Female 162 cm
BF:Yes
Progress: 41%

Oh yes, portion size matter. Have you read the book DANDR (or do you have the book handy ?) Atkins recommend 10-12 times your body weight in calories pr day, with supplement for activity. I find using both www.fitday.com to track my food intake + www.mybodycomp.com with weight/measure is a good help in establishing my levels. Unfortunately I have thyriod problem and I'm an extremely slow loser, - needing all the help I can get/find !!

Have you started OWL (ongoing Weight Loss) and adding carbs ?? (This comes BEFORE pre-maintenance) There is a list in the book where they suggest how to start adding carbs. For some people it helps to add more carbs..... It's either way very imporant to eat enough to prevent the dreaded "starvation mode" !

If you don't have a new version of the book, I recommend you get one, it's NOT a good idea to start Atkins without the book or with an old version. If you need other info, there is A LOT on the Atkins page. If you want to know more about the different levels, check out www.atkins.com and write for example OWL in the search engine.

Good luck !!